Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday and some thoughts...

Sunday; I'm sorry for the lack of photos of late.... our camera has been on loan to a student  who is doing some "filming" work for USP (hope to include some clips or links to that later as I think my "readers" would like seeing what Mark's work is like)

But, sorry that I've not had current pictures of late.  So for now, writing will have to suffice.

About today: As I write there are lots of noises going on; mostly happy ones.  And Dorothy is here with her two kids and I think Mary is a queen somewhere and Rachel was a princess but is probably walking around half-dressed at this point.  Daniel is at his friend's house and at any point he and his friends (from 3-6 of them) could come circling around.

This morning I "dodged" (a Ugandan way of saying "skipped) Sunday school.  I have a myriad of reasons for skipping sunday school but today it was because we're between terms and the University students usually lead Sunday school.  So, I was anticipating some chaos--- relative chaos as it is always a bit overwhelming in number, noise, "crowd-control" tactics, etc.

Anyway, as I had just been at Lake Bunyonyi with Daniel (an 8 hour bumpy ride there on thursday, a day there with students and an 8 hour drive back on Saturday), he decided to stay home with Dorothy and her kids.  I took the girls into Mish-Mash which i thought was going to have some activities as per the email they sent me this week.  Alas, there were no special activities but Mish-Mash is a bit of a catch-all venue, a lovely lawn, a little play place, restaurant and art gallery-- so still not a bad spot to be with a 4 and 3 year old.

I ordered some lunch, met up with some friends who wanted to deliver stuff to me, played with the girls, and felt that the outing was fruitful overall.  In general, the girls life in Uganda is very much based at home.  Whenever they get in the car, it is a grand adventure.  Unlike our trips to the US, when antsy mom is very prone to many outings. :)

So, all that accomplished, we made it back with some groceries.  I visited with campus friend (who is moving soon), I finished off some grading details, and I'm hoping to get a bit of a list of what must be done in the next 3.5 weeks before we leave our home for 2 months.

One thing I trust I'll get to in the blog-sense in the next few weeks is a bit more summary of my "graduate" decisions, our decision for next year and a bit of perspective on life which is ever growing in light more "stability" in our life due to the ages of our kids and also I hope due to some maturity as it relates to our purposes, while in Uganda and in relation to the next season of life when kids will enter school and parts of our life will be anchored by their best interests--as we come out of the "valley of diapers" (Steve Garber).





No comments:

Post a Comment