Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy sisters day!


I've had on my mind to write about sisters sometime this month--inspired by my realization that around the hill from our house are two "sister" trees to our big tree--the big sister.

And I've also been really enjoying my girls who are really becoming good friends... look for them in this second picture, they are there!!!!!!






But first, let me also send a shout out to my sisters.  So grateful to have them! So excited to see them next week, so happy that I sister-friends for my whole life.

A couple good sister quotations: 

A toast once heard:  "To my big sister, who never found her second Easter egg until I'd found my first."  ~Robert Brault


The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.  ~Cali Rae Turner


Sibling relationships - and 80 percent of Americans have at least one - outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship.  They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust.  ~Erica E. Goode, "The Secret World of Siblings," U.S. News & World Report, 10 January 1994

Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring - quite often the hard way.  ~Pamela Dugdale

Sisters share the scent and smells - the feel of a common childhood.  ~Pam Brown

A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.  ~Author Unknown



Now, a few photos of my girls and their budding sisterhood/friendship:














No comments:

Post a Comment