Friday, October 19, 2012

Why we love a visit from grandma...

Top ten reasons its nice to have my mom visit (not in an intentional order because that would take too much effort)



1. Reading to the kids
2. Knowing everyone and everything I'm talking about
3. Good advice about parenting and personal goals
4. Not having to pay back any points when she plays with the kids (and I'm in town blogging!:)


5. Little tokens (a card, an article she thought i'd like, a quotation that made her think of me)
6. Suitcases loaded down (we were able to order all our Christmas loot to my parents)
7. Her observations about the kids

8. Her wise counsel on many topics
9. Her model of relationship-priority and personal time-priority (they don't have to be at odds; and will be less so when I don't have young kids)
10. Her gratefulness for any scraps of meals we manage to give them

2 comments:

  1. Wow they are SO her grandkids! Adorable. Give her my love.

    I am thinking about your email. Love, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! all so so true and life giving!
    she and mary are too peas in a pod!

    ReplyDelete