Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Activities of Christmas in Uganda

While I miss many of the cozy and nostalgic activities that surround a Christmas break in my memories, I wanted to record a couple of the activities that I'm sure will be nostalgic in our kids memories from their many Christmases in Uganda.  If I were more clever, I would think of someway to record this as "the twelve days of christmas" or some such.  But, for now, I just want to make sure I get a record of equatorial activities of Christmas!
Technically from last year, but some sort of a party at the trampoline for our neighbors and community
Also, technically from last year... this is a slip and slide made from a large advertising banner--hours of fun with this bequeathed to us from the Button family when they left

Wonder World-- so much fun though from my perspective it is so worn down-- luckily, the kids haven't exactly honed in on that.  And they were boasting that Disney Land costs $100 dollars but Wonder World is only 4 dollars! A bargain--maybe 100 dollar entrance would translate into a bit more upkeep. 


Our neighbors always host a carols night for UCU staff

Mark preparing for Kidepo-- but in a few days, we'll be doing the same prep for a trip to take the girls on safari at Murchison falls where they have never been. 
Christmas breaks (and the hot month of December) usually means lots  of swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment