Friday, January 10, 2014

Books that I've read in 2013--this is the outline which I hoped to fill in! :)

1, Books I have read (all if not almost all!): 

a. Parenting/Self-Help
Raising Emotionally Intelligent Children
Yardsticks: Children in the Classroom Ages 4-14 
Mystery of Marriage


b. Theological/Spirituality:
Being Consumed
Transformed into Fire
Faith and Doubt
More or Less: Choosing a Lifestyle of Excessive Generosity

c. Memoir:
Pastrix
Composing a Life
Bittersweet

d. Fiction: 
Cold Mountain

2. Non-books-- blogs and articles= Lots of them! :) 

3. Parts of:

Leading Lives that Matter: What we Should Do and Who We Should Be (anthology)
Unbroken (novel)
Good Poems: Selected by Garrison Keillor
Don't Forgive Too Soon: Extending the two hands that heal
Enhancing Missionary Vitality: Mental Health Professions Serving Global Mission

4. In the coming year, some reading goals include:
Finishing many of the started books! 
More fiction and memoir (self-help is a bit overwhelming!:)
Mexico Profundo: Reclaiming a Civilization 
Gilead

1 comment:

  1. Good Poems is the only one on this list I have read (I love it), although Nathaniel really liked Unbroken. I hear you on the parenting/self-help thing. I think I have read too many of those kinds of books!

    ReplyDelete