Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to school


So, we're all back to school.... Daniel is making major reading progress; aided by his daily assignment of "sustained silent reading"-- interestingly, we often hear Daniel doing his reading (not quite "silent")



Mary is officially ready for school.  She does UCU Kidscare Center (daycare through kindergarten) M-W-F and she does preschool with our tutor on Tuesday and Thursday.



Rachel and Mary are a package at this point; so Rachel does the same schooling as Mary.  So far, no real issues with this but obviously could get old for one of them at some point.

Mark's has returned to school; but in the role of the teacher.  He is currently teaching The Primal Vision which is a sort of trademark book that students associate with Mark as their leader/guide in Uganda.  I thought of summarizing but then thought this review was succinct and and gives a brief overview of the book for interested readers; http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/68119169

Abby is back to school--I'm trying an online Psych. 101 class.  I love it.  I can't believe all my ideas are written down in someone else's textbook.  But seriously, I think it the right sort of "growth" thing for me as antidote to some of my tendencies to feel stagnant or trapped.  

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Interested to hear more about the class...

    ReplyDelete